Montenegro earth tremor

No time like the present, I keep telling myself. How many times have I written a blog entry in my head? I'm being nagged to watch "Sharpe's Challenge" - Sean Bean in tight trousers - so can't stay long. So here's a synopsis of the last 10 posts that I haven't written:

(this is as far as that post got) It is now a week later and I am up at 7am due to earth tremors. Around 5.30am, I woke up with the bed shifting and shaking, instantly thinking it was an earthquake. But it was just Tim finally submitting to his (rare nowadays) insomnia and getting up.

Then weirdly enough, an hour or so later, I was awoken by what I thought was Tim getting back into bed. But there was no one there. Assumed it was a dream and went back to sleep.

Was rudely awoken 30 minutes later by an undeniable continuous shaking of the bed, this time I jumped up and out of the room to find Tim legging up the stairs to find me. So it wasn't my imagination (the second and third time), it was an earth tremor.

So I got up, dressed (can't be made homeless without a bra on) and made our escape plan should something more significant happen. But it hasn't and both Tim and our early warning system, Louis, have finally dropped off to sleep on the settee.

So for once, I have enough peace and quiet to commit my thoughts to paper. And I've been reading about the Haitian earthquake and imagining what the hot, hungry person who sent the text message from inside a collapsed building (having been under the rubble for 5 days) must be thinking and feeling right now.

Comments

Popular Posts